- Sandra Phillips is an artist who expresses herself through various media. Since 1981, she has been Artistic Director of
- STORIES FROM AN OLD SUITCASE, through which she performs and offers workshops
- in such areas as costume and set design; performance techniques and shadow puppetry.
- Most recently, Sandra was guest curator for the exhibit, "Shadows of the Ancestors", a large display of
- Indonesian and contemporary shadow puppet art which was featured at the Wellington County Museum and Archive, Elora, Ontario.
- Ms Phillips' visual art designs were an integral part of the exhibit and comprised costume, set, puppet and kite
- designs in a silk batik medium, along with chalk pastel drawings of Indonesia's lush and colourful landscape.
- Sandra Phillip's pastel drawings of the Canadian landscape have been featured at such venues as Gallery Gabor, Toronto;
- Toronto Centre for the Arts; INISIGHTS exhibit (Wellington County Museum, Elora); Toronto City Hall Exhibit and the
- Karger Gallery, Elora, and are a part of many private collections.
Ms Phillips has been the recipient of numerous arts grants, and most recently, was the only Canadian artist to be
- awarded a scholarship to study at Indonesia's national institute for the performing arts, STSI.
- Her visual art has been inspired, to a large degree, by her travel in Asia and Europe ... creating a rich palette of colours and
- vibrant lines and textures.
Field with Grasses
Borobudur Temple at Sunrise (Java)
Sandra F. Phillips B.A. (Hons., fine Arts)
R.R.#1 Elora, Ontario N0B 1S0
TEL: (519) 846-0423
Fax: (519) 846-5710
- INFO FOR ARTISTS
- What art-in-canada means to Guelph Artists