Refer to this page for ongoing and upcoming
- calls for entry and submissions
- CALL FOR ENTRY
- Applications are available for our
- 2008 ART WEEKENDS
- OCTOBER 18, 19 & 25, 26
- Pick up Applications at:
- Guelph Arts Council (Downtown Guelph),
- Guelph Artisans Store (Old Quebec Street),
- Williams Coffee Pub (492 Edinburgh Rd South)
- Incarnate (Wyndham Street North
- Wyndham Art Supplies (Downtown Guelph)
- DEADLINE: APRIL 15, 2008
CALL TO ARTISTS
- 2008 SHOWS AT MANHATTAN
- Manhattan's Jazz Bistro
951 Gordon Street, Guelph
- We are looking for contemporary work that is bold, colourful and
professional to enhance the atmosphere of the club.
- Please contact Soan at
- Shows are one month in length and are listed in
local event listings.
- FOR LISTINGS OF OPEN CALLS
- THE LOOP
- Select Category: OPEN CALLS
- 64 Steps Contemporary Art (Toronto, ON)
64 Steps Contemporary Art, a rental gallery in downtown Toronto, is now accepting submissions
- for summer openings. The gallery has been in operation since 1999 and is dedicated to
- presenting innovative and important works of contemporary art. Installation and conceptual works
- are more than welcome. Send images, artist's statement, title, and CV to:
Attn: Patrick Faubert
1164 Queen Street West Toronto, ON, M6H 1J5
Axis Studios, (London, ON)
Currently looking for both 2 and 3 dimensional works by local artists.
- Covent Garden Market, 130 King St. Open Tue. - Sun.
Info: Jill Price (519) 434-0580 email@example.com or Beth Stewart
- (519) 668-6743, firstname.lastname@example.org
Galleria 173 (Ottawa, ON)
Galleria 173, a contemporary art gallery dedicated to promoting the arts in Ottawa, is seeking
- submissions for all media. Please submit a max. of 12 slides, and/or photos, slide list ,
- cv, artist statement as well as a SASE to:
173 Preston Street
Ottawa, ON K1R 7P6
tel (613) 230 9903
Two Rivers Gallery (Prince George, BC)
The Gallery hosts up to 12 exhibitions of art a year in two exhibition spaces. Emphasis is on
- showing work of professional artists and on bringing exhibitions of national importance to Prince George.
- The Two Rivers Gallery is a professionally run public art gallery. As such it is not our practice to hold
- exhibitions of art for the purpose of sale. We recognize the professionalism of artists,
- however, and their right to make a living from their work. To this end we support artists
- exhibiting in the Gallery by providing: artists fees as per CARFAC recommendations; shipping assistance
- usually one way; exhibition promotion; exhibition installation; insurance for work in our care.
Send: a current resume or c.v.; approximately 20 numbered slides of current work or work
- related to the proposed exhibition (all slides must be labelled with the artists name,
- title of work, dimensions and labelled clearly as to which direction is up in the slide carousel);
- a slide list including titles, date of production, medium and size; a statement relating to the current work;
- a clear, concise and detailed proposal for exhibition; a SASE.
- Packages which do not include all of the above will be deemed incomplete and may not be considered.
George Harris, Curator, Two Rivers Gallery
725 Civic Plaza, Prince George, BC, V2L 5T1
XEXE Gallery (Toronto, ON)
XEXE Gallery actively reviews portfolios throughout the year from artists living in
- Canada that are working in all fine art mediums. Please visit www.xexegallery.com for submission guidelines.
624 Richmond St. W.
Toronto, ON M5V 1Y9
T (416) 646-2706 / F (416)646-2707
Z. Art Gallery Call for Submissions (Toronto)
Painters and Sculptors interested in showing at new gallery please contact:
Z. Art Gallery
- GRANTS & AWARDS
- Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation
Funding for artists in the early stages of their careers. Work must be representational or figurative
- painting, drawings, printmaking, sculpture NO abstract or non-representational.
- The objective of the Foundation is to promote, by charitable activities carried on by the Foundation,
- an appreciation of the traditional expression in painting, drawing, sculpture and the graphic arts,
- by aiding worthy art students, artists or sculptors who need further training or other assistance during their formative years.
Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation
1814 Sherbrooke Street West
Montreal, QC H3H 1E4
2. The Capitol Theatre (Windsor, ON)
The Capitol Theatre offers free exhibition space to local artists to showcase and sell their work. Rotating exhibits throughout the year offer patrons and the public an opportunity to discover local artists and purchase local pieces of art. Patrons at the Capitol are welcome to go to the Joy Family Theatre and browse the artwork by this talented artist. All works are for sale, and it's a wonderful opportunity to choose a unique piece of art to have in your home, or to give as an impressive gift. For more information, please contact:
Capitol Theatre, Neda L. Soc
Tel: 519-253-8065 ext 29
Capitol Theatre & Arts Centre
121 University Ave. W.